Did you know?
Internationally there are 4 billion people with cell phones.
- There are almost 5 times more mobile phones than there are laptops and computers.
- There was 4,620,000 cell phone users in New Zealand by the end of 2008.
- Ninety one percent of them would keep their cell phone within three feet of themselves, 365 days of the year, 24 hours a day.
- Thirty-three percent would prefer to lose their wallet than their phone.
With mobile usage on a swift rise, now is the time to build your website and start taking your slice of the mobile pie.
Research from Google (April 2011)
- 79 percent (or almost four out of five) of Smartphone owners use their Smartphone to help with shopping.
- 70 percent of Smartphone owners use their Smartphone in store to help with shopping.
- 74 percent of Smartphone shoppers have made purchase following research conducted on their Smartphone
- Mobile searches have quadrupled in the last year, according to Google, for many items one in seven searches are now mobile.
- 1 in 3 mobile searches are local. After looking up a local business on their Smartphone, 61 percent of users called the business and 59 percent visited.
- 71 percent of Smartphone users that see TV, press or online ad, do a mobile search for more information.
Thank you for doing the job and getting on to it straight away. I’m very impressed with you all at the Web Company.
Jules Moore, Edible Gardens